17.8.08

mmMmm...good.

You know...life is good. Not always "easy," but it is really good. I realize that I don't reflect on the good things that happen as much as I do when things aren't so great. I praise God for the grace He continues to show me everyday and especially for a summer of restoration and peace. I also praise God for the following:

I am really, really happy and content with my apartment situation. God has really blessed us with a great place--and yes, I did finally find help with the TV and now our 27'' Sony Trinitron is sitting happily in our living room. I am even more excited about the wonderful women I get to live with: Elise Berg, Kendra Bailey and Jennifer Beckwith. I enjoy their company and never tire of their antics. They are faithful, God-fearing women and I am so blessed to have them as my apartment-mates!

I also really love being 23 years old. I love being a grown-up, while not having as much responsibility as an actual grown-up. I love being independent. I love learning how to be independent, while depending wholly on God--not that I do it perfectly, but the LORD certainly gives me plenty of opportunities to practice. I love that I am going to start the nursing program in a week and a half. I am so, so, so--EXCITED! I am fully aware that (a) I will be the busiest I have ever been in my entire life and (b) the next three years are probably going to be some of my most difficult. And I say to that, "bring. it."

I also love that I have found a church here in La Mirada that I can call my home and that through this church, I have the opportunity to be part of a small group (a.k.a "Grace" group). Yeah, those people are really starting to grown on me. They are legit, eh Carissa?

I love that I am constantly being challenged to grow in my faith, even if it is difficult and seemingly impossible at times to see where my trials are going to take me. I love that God disciplines me and always points me back to the right direction when I start to stray away from what He has laid out for me.

... and cue the Doxology.

No comments: