16.8.08

I realized that one of the downsides to living in an apartment away from school is that there is a lack of friendly, college, non-creepazoid men that I could trust enough to help me move a ginormous television up into my living place. I mean, there are plenty enough guys that I see, meandering about. I almost actually walked up to a couple of them in the carport directly across from mine to ask them if they can help me with my TV. I was halfway to where they were standing when a thought stopped me dead in my tracks, "Ok, Linell, what are you doing here? You're going to waltz up to a couple of guys that you don't know and basically tell them where you live." Maybe I'm paranoid. Maybe I'm too guarded. Maybe I'm too much of a realist and know that in this not-so-perfect world, things aren't always what it seems. And maybe those guys in that carport were nice, polite gentlemen. But there's a good chance that maybe they're not so nice. Whatever. It's better to be safe than sorry, I suppose.

But it still doesn't change the fact that I have a TV in the backseat of my car that needs to be in my living room. This is where having big strong man-friends come in handy. Where you be?

No comments: