25.8.08

Inspiration Point

While it may not be good for man to be alone, I think it's good to set aside alone time, too. Just time to clear your mind and re-center yourself or intentionally re-align yourself to the truths that God has already revealed to you. Truths that you somehow have let go of, or lost during the course of this crazy life that we live.

Inspiration Point is really important place to me. It's about 20 minutes south from where I live, in the Corona Del Mar area. I walk down to a rock formation overlooking the beautiful Pacific Coast. I climb over the small fence and sit against it, pretending that there's nothing else, but that ocean in front of me. It's a place I go from time to time, just to sit and think. If I go early enough in the morning, there's no one around. Just me, the ocean and my thoughts. It's my "spot." I think I go there every 2 weeks or so. It's really great.

Today was a particularly productive day. I came back to "reality," reminded of who God is, who I am before God and what it is that He is most concerned with.

No comments: