5.8.08

Best brother ever.

So, I'm sitting on my bed--minding my own business--when my brother, Lenard,comes into my room and throws my car keys on my bed. My initial reaction was: "Why the heck do you have my car keys? And how did you get them without me noticing?" All he said was: "Look at your car." He walks away, ever so nonchalantly, leaving me confused and slightly irritated. "What do you mean, 'look at your car?' What in the world are you talking about!" Still, my brother refused to answer. All he kept repeating was: "look at your car." Grrrrrrrr. Fine! So I walked outside to our driveway to investigate. Lo and behold, I immediately noticed that my once very dirty car--that had not been washed in a few weeks--was spotless, gleaming brightly under the hot Fresno sun. I ran back inside my house, smiling and absolutely excited that my little 18 year brother took the initiative to wash my car! What brother does that? MINE DOES! I didn't even ask him to, nor would I have asked anyone else to because it's so hot outside! Besides, I was going to take it to the carwash a little later in the week, but Lenard beat me to it! When I asked him why he would do such a thing, he tried to shrug off my excitement by saying, "well, it wasn't like I had anything else to do." Apparently the remedy to his boredom was doing a very kind thing for me.

I was and still am impressed. This totally makes my day...no, my week!

No comments: