26.6.08

Another hole in my nose...

This morning, I woke up fully determined to get my nose pierced. So, shortly after work, a friend and I headed over to Nothing Shocking (a Christian tattoo/piercing parlor in downtown Fullerton) to get it done.


the after-picture:


...I know you can barely tell in this picture. If you look closely, it's on the left side of my nose. It seems like I should've had a nose piercing all along. I'm quite content with it. Though I doubt that my parents will be. Being old fashioned and quite close-minded when it comes to things like changing one's hair color and piercing one's nose, I know that they won't be very happy. I'm sad about that because my parents will assume that it is a latent act of rebellion, which isn't true. I'm 23 years old. I am living on my own, in a house four hours away from home. I'm a big girl.

I know that my parents will eventually get over it. They were able to adjust to the fact that my hair is reddish-brown instead of it's original black. It's only a matter of time.

...till then: Viva La Nose piercing!

[edit: if this nose piercing will cause too much grief for my parents, i'll remove it. keeping the bling on my nose is not worth a lifetime of dissension]

No comments: