12.4.08

Tea and poet-ry.

I just drank 1.24 liters of Arizona iced tea. HOW is that possible?
in my defense, I was really thirsty. and it was really good.

sometimes, i dabble in poetry. here's my latest attempt...or "distraction" titled ( and yes, title is subject to change):

Be Ware, the beating heart


Lighter than the gentle hum of a hummingbird's wing
Softly carried through the wind as baby's breath;
these careless hopes hang buoyant in the Eastern winds
searching vainly for a place to rest.

A fleeting pass by my bedroom window,
they beckon my imagination with gentle coaxing;
A winsome sight to a heart's mind, newly narrowed
but a foolish attempt, if not, damning.

But lest, the heart's master takes heed to guard
and build up its walls, worn paper thin;
The heart will shatter into pieces of deathly shards,
destroying its master from within.

No comments: