14.4.08

points.

I feel like this is going to be a few journal entries in one. Thus, I will divide the different points into sections, so that my train of thought(s) don't appear too dissipated.

Point A:
I just cut up my credit card.
yes. i took a pair of scissors and did away with the poor little sucker. I cut it up in four triangular pieces.
i don't need mo' debt. I go to Biola.
and i was throughly convicted today, after Dave Talley's sermon at church.
it needed to be done.

Point B:
it's currently 1:44am and I am not at all tired. I suppose I could do something productive...like homework. But I'm not really that responsible. If I were responsible i would be sleeping right now, since I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning. But the fact that I have a doctor's appointment kinda proves my ability to be responsible, anyway. Right? So that, in and of itself, cancels everything out.

Point C:
I win.

Point D:
Anyway, since I was up, I started looking through some of my old writings and I found a poem that I wrote on September 29 of the year Two thousand and five:

twiddle dee
twiddle thumb
how many ways
to make your mind numb
talk in riddles
talk in tongues
talk in feelings
or talk none
stoic faces
lifeless eyes
stare into
darkened skies
wayward thoughts
overthinking
overflowing
this wayward ship is sinking
lifejacket
lifeboat
same difference
they float
drown in the excess
hold thy tongue
don't confess
leave it where it is
leave it where you stand

I forget why I wrote it. But I find it fascinating. I am not trying to be conceited when I say that I think my mind is interesting. Maybe a better term for it is "quirky." Yes, I have a "quirky" way of thinking at times. Well, maybe, most of the time. I like to hide it, methinks. Or at least suppress as much of it as I can. Only those who really know me see the extent of my quirkyness. You know who you are.

I am actually very glad that my mind works the way it does. I value uniqueness because it adds the necessary spice to a culture that has the propensity to be bland in its pursuit of conformity. *That statement maybe over-generalizing, but I'm too lazy to back space and change it.)

Ergo, I have a great appreciation for people who think outside of the box. People who have a chameleon-like ability to adjust to new and different situations. People who are willing to take risks in their decisions with the intentions of giving themselves a leeway for personal growth.
Yes, they are my heroes.

Point E:
I am ridiculous. It is 2:05 am right now and I'm getting up in 4ish hours. Oy vey. This week is off to a great start...

No comments: