2.4.08

Another indiscriminate, idiosyncratic un-itinerant entry...

A. I find it increasingly funny when people compliment me on my hair. I say "thank you." But then I chuckle to myself mostly because I had nothing to do with my haircut (other than drive myself to the hair salon and fork out $50 to get it cut and colored.) The point is...the hairstylist cut my hair. She gets the credit. Not me. Why don't people say, "Hey your hairstylist did a good job on your hair." Then I can say, "Hey yeah. She did, didn't she?" It's kind of like when people say, "Hey, I like your face." What am I supposed to say? Granted, I can receive such compliments gracefully by saying, "Thank you." But that's just so odd to me. It's not like I had any say about what I was going to look like. I was just sort of...born.

B. I make faces.




"YAAAARRRRRRR."















I guess I know what this looks like. But I'm not going to say it.









OH. I have class, like, now. I should leave.

(I felt like I might have wasted time, right about now. But it was either this or cleaning my room).

"peace out."

2 comments:

Ron Napier said...

Similar line of thought: I've gotten complimented on my wicked cool blue eyes (they're great for seeing with BTW). I finally realized my favorite response: my parents gave them to me for my first birthday. Best birthday present ever! That and the fly rod. And the NASB study bible for my 16th. Top three presents ever!


Totally random thought: Do you have a favorite hair? I do. The hair lady must have missed him, so I just named him Bob. He's cool. He lives about 1.7cm behind my left ear. Hopefully he's still there in the morning.

c.c. said...

i cut my own hair, so if somebody compliments me, i will take the credit unashamedly. of course, no one is going to compliment me, because it is the worst. haircut. ever. i look like it's 1985... and my stylist used safety scissors... it's bad. it's just bad.

i do like your face.