1.12.09

Giddy?

A warm feeling just rushed over me. Maybe it's because I'm drinking a peppermint hot chocolate from a "for here" mug at Starbucks--I love "for here" mugs.

Or maybe because, for some unexplainable reason, God has decided to bless me today with the very real realization that He loves me a whole lot. Duh, right? I mean I know that in my head. It's not quite as often that I feel like my heart is about to burst within me because I actually believe it. I feel like I've gained some ground in attempting to understand the infinite love of God.

The best part about this whole giddy feeling is that it feels like a gift. Like something I totally don't deserve. I appreciate it so much right now because a week ago it seemed like I had forgotten about the love of God and the love of others. It's something that I'm continually learning--a life lesson that I hope will never get old. God can take me to the lowest of valleys, but is faithful to reveal to me what matters the most: Himself.

God is showing me that my love for him should not be contingent on the good things in my life. I know that God wants me to be dependent on him apart from blessings, or when life seems to be running smoothly.

So, today is a good day. I'm having a good day. I am enjoying it. But, I'm not in Heaven yet. And the reality of life means that there are more lessons to learn, more frigid seasons to weather, more darkness to endure.

But today is a very good day.

28 Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

29 He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.

30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;

31 but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: