10.12.09

Holiday bliss.

instant joy. that's what comes to mind when i think of christmas. my inner child can't seem to keep herself under control these days. i find that i enjoy making sugar cookies and decorating them, while consuming large amounts of frosting in the process. To add to my list of things that keep my inner child happy: the cold weather (40 degrees in Southern California is a BIG deal...don't hate.) hot chocolate with marshmallows. lots and lots of marshmallows. peppermint candy canes. peppermint white mocha in those red starbucks cups that come out only for the holidays. trees with lights. listening to the Elf soundtrack. listening to Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" on repeat and unashamedly dancing along with it. singing "O Holy Night" at the top of my lungs. thinking of baby Jesus in the manger, wondering (a) if he ever did cry (b) what sort of thing did they use for diapers in those days.

speaking of baby Jesus, singing songs like "Away in A Manger" have been quick to bring tears to my eyes, especially this part:

Be near me, Lord Jesus,
I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever
And love me I pray

Bless all the dear children
In Thy tender care
And take us to heaven
To live with Thee there

sigh. I LOVE this time of year.

No comments: