17.2.10

untitled

I realized that I may have sounded like I didn't like being around Christians at all in my last post...which isn't true. While in some ways, I think being around non-Christians is refreshing because they do see a lot of their own humanity and are often more understanding of the more human reactions to crap that happens in life, but they cannot replace fellowship with brothers and sisters in Christ. I am thankful for people in my life who love me and speak words of wisdom into my life and people who understand what it means to pursue a life lived by faith.

I gave blood for the first time today and survived. Thank you, Jesus.

I've been listening to "Great is Thy Faithfulness" a lot in the past week. It's good to hear and sing and to think about what is true of God. I know this song consoles me a lot when i start to feel more than believe. Feelings are so often misleading. Not that its bad to be emotional but sometimes emotions are potent enough to convince us of something that we think is true and we lose our grip on reality. And today is no exception:


(this version of "Great is Thy Faithfulness is performed by Jeremy aka "Passion")

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

No comments: