22.2.10

a boy named Shakespeare.

Shaky for short.

He is only 7 years old, the second to the youngest child of a strong Samoan family, soft spoken, with beautiful dark eyelashes and dark raven hair that reached the back of his shins.

We spent most of the day smirking at each other--me trying to make him laugh and him trying to pretend that he didn't want to. At the end of the day, he finally smiled--revealing several missing teeth and said "You're weird." I told him that I took that as a compliment.

This may sound kind of weird, but really...when I'm at Children's Hospital of Orange County for clinicals, I feel kind of like I'm....shopping for children. Don't worry, I don't have any immediate plans to take any home...but I just fall in love with all the kids that I encounter. Today was no exception. I wanted to take all my patient with me.

When I'm around kids, I just feel like I'm in my element. They are the best kind of people, i think.

No comments: