2.2.10

Another semester begins...

School started yesterday. It was slightly overwhelming because it was a drastic change in my brain activity level--it was like going from zero to 60mph in 10 seconds. By the end of the day, I already felt like I was halfway through the semester...but it was only the first day! AH! Nursing school owns my life.

Not that I'm complaining, though I will admit that I am kind of freaking out. However, I am thoroughly excited for what this semester holds. My first clinical rotation, at the Children's Hospital of Orange County, makes me squeal with delight. I love children so much and I can't wait to get started. I know that this semester will have it's own unique joys and challenges, but I say... bring it on.

With the start of every semester--especially in these last two years--I tend to look back and wonder how I managed to make it through without spontaneously combusting. Last semester was the most difficult semester thus far, in terms of academic work load and emotional hardships. But I somehow made it through, even though there were days when the painfulness of it all almost consumed my world in darkness. Yeesh. I was really humbled in a way that the only person who mattered the most, the only person who was the most clear to me, whose love became more tangible and more real on a day to day basis was...God.

I know that I'm not completely in the clear of all the things that happened a few months ago. There are remnances that linger that kind of help me understand the whole "thorn in my side" idea that the Apostle Paul talks about in 2 Corinthians 12. These "thorns" seem to be gentle nudges, constant reminders of my weakness and my need to be completely dependent on God, and how the entirety of my will needs to be surrendered to His. It's become so strange to me that I see this kind of pain as something so good...something that encourages me so much when I take the time to remember how much more God matters.

Thus says the LORD:
'Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool; what is the house that you would build for me, and what is the place of my rest? All these things my hand has made, and so all these things came to be, declares the LORD. But this is the one to whom I will look; he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.
[Isaiah 66: 1-2]

No comments: