17.3.10

Tozer and Psychodynamic Therapy


If Tozer were alive today, I think he and I would be able to have an intelligent conversation about the benefits of Christianity-infused psychotherapy. And this is why:

"That our idea of God correspond as nearly as possible to the true being of God is of immense importance to us. Compared with our actual thoughts about Him, our creedal statements are of little consequence. Our real idea of God lie buried under the rubbish of conventional religious notions and may require an intelligent and rigorous search before it is finally unearthed and exposed for what it is" [A.W. Tozer]

1 comment:

the rogue hobbit said...

Hey, I found you! It's Hannah and I miss you. Did you get rid of facebook? I went to message you and you were GONE!
P.S.I love this quote!