22.3.10

The Caffeinated Optimist


Yesterday, I denied myself of my usual cup of coffee. As the day progressed, my mind grew foggier, my mood destabilized and by the end of the night, I had a raging headache and I hated my life (the weekend long power outage on my block and the fact that my car was stuck in the garage for two days because of lack of the power outage--and lack of upper body strength and male friends to help me lift the garage door manually--may have added to my grumpyness).

Today, I had my cup of coffee and life couldn't be better. It's funny but sad that my hope seems to be contingent on how much caffeine is in my system. Yikes. I've tried to wean myself off it, but it's nearly impossible while I'm in nursing school. But I made the most of my sudden burst of happyness and made plans for a productive summer: making cards and selling them on etsy.com, taking a sewing class, saving up for a Disneyland annual pass and possibly taking on a hip-hop class on top of working 10 or more hours a week. Yesterday, I also felt an impending sense of doom regarding a huge test that I have tomorrow based on the most confusing material I have yet to encounter (i.e Mechanical Ventilation). Today, I'm thinking that maybe a C on the test wouldn't be so bad. Not that I'm aiming for a C, but at least I know it won't be the end of the world.

What else is good? The weather: 73 beautiful degrees and the glorious sunshine. And food: Chik-Fil-A.

Glorious.

No comments: