5.1.10

Golden child.

"He knows the way that I take and when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold." [Job 23:10]

I am so thankful. I never thought I would actually get to a point in my life where I can mean this, like, mean it in a "my heart is overflowing with gratitude and love" kind of way: I am thankful for the pain that God has caused in my life because now I can say with confidence that I know Him better.

It is a kind of knowledge of God, that break the bonds of pride and arrogance that comes with an abundance of head knowledge about God and the Bible. My heart has succeeded, where my logic has failed. I am grateful to be humbled in this way. Grateful to read the bible in a way that is not limited to filling my head with facts, but in a way that seeks to know my God, my Father, the One who has saved me from the eternal punishment that I deserve and seeks to have a deep relationship with me, His adopted child.

I am so thankful. So thankful to be more confident than I have ever been of His love for me. As Brother Lawrence once said, "Love sweetens pains." What is even more sweet is a growing understanding of God's infinite grace--that despite my horrible attitude, my pride, my failures and my anger, He continues to pour out His mercy and continues to reveal Himself to me. His grace is limitless! His love knows no bounds! He does not treat us according to our iniquities, and He does not give up on those He loves.

This is the hope that the world needs to know, not just to save them from eternal damnation, but so that they may enjoy knowing the Living God, and grow to love Him and seek to worship Him, now and forever.

No comments: