12.11.09

Pressure release.

With all my projects and things building up, approaching the inevitable moment of explosion, which would entail: a few all-nighters and consuming gallons of caffeine in order to get all the I need to turn, turned in... I wanted to just stop and take this moment to remind myself of the good things in life (the love of God and His grace is implied), and the things that I love and appreciate about it, too.

Good thing number one: Indie/Folk music- it soothes my anxiety/stress like chamomille tea with lemon soothes my sore throat.
Good thing number two: food & making it. I find cooking very therapeutic. The other day, I literally made chicken [noodle] soup for MY weary soul. ...Ha?
Good thing number three: Cold weather--just means I get to snuggle under my comforter at night. And it means I get to wear comfy sweats and sweatshirts, too.
Good thing number four: Michael Buble's new CD, Crazy/love.
Good thing number five: Bon Iver's song: Woods. How I savor the sweet memories from my summer at HoneyRock...the beautiful lakeside, the cold, crisp mornings and the amazing people that I have met.
Good thing number six: Iced freakin' Tea. How wonderful and satisfying. Now lipton has these little single serve travel packets, so I can stuff three in my purse and just add it to my Nalgene! (I suppose that would implicate that I drink a lot of tea. Let's just say that I really love tea.)
Good thing number seven: Breathing. One takes it forgranted when you can't do it very well. Thank you, Albuterol.
Good thing number eight: Sleeping. Also becomes quite the commodity, when you realize you can't do it very much right now...

No comments: