14.5.09

the Procrastinator

I love the Biola library. Well, right now, I love it. I avoided this place for most of the year. But...now, I live here. I go back to my apartment for showering and sleeping purposes. If the Biola library had showers, I probably would never leave. But then again, do I really ever have to leave? I mean, as far as sleeping goes, they have those new comfy leather couches on the upper level by the balcony and dilapidated sleeping bags (that have the shape and consistency of a raisin) scattered everywhere. And maybe I wouldn't need to shower, since the library now comes equipped with sanitizer stations placed by bookshelves and doorways--they're small little globes that dispense a palm full of sanitizer when you place your hand underneath them. It's like magic.

I'm sitting in a little cubby by a window. Windows are amazing catalysts for non-productivity--especially when it's such a beautiful day outside. The outside world holds endless possibilties for fun and frivolity. Linell wants to frolick, but can't. It's so sad.

But the cubby does kind of help. They kind of work like blinders for ADD people like yours truly. Except, I feel like placing cubbies by windows is kind of like taking a laxative right after taking kaopectate. I just feel conflicted inside.

I definitely have my work cut out for me in these final days of the semester: I've got quite a bit of reading to do for Apologetics, not to mention my final paper. Oh yes, and studying for the final--which is cumulative. And let's not forget all the little assignments that I need to turn in for nursing that I waited till now to actually work on. And yes, the final for Nursing Theory 202 is also cumulative.

With each semester that begins, I always vow to never do what I did the semester before--which is, procrastinate, or allow work to pile up so that I'm spending the last week of the semester in the library or Starbucks or wherever else that is conducive to studying. Needless to say, nothing has really changed. Hah. Or maybe, I do like it this way.

Ok, now I will attempt to be productive again.

No comments: