12.12.08

Naming my un-born child.


I did not intend for the title of my blog post to be so...creepy. Hah. Oh well.

You might find this surprising, since my affinity for children is borderline obsessive--but don't worry your kids are safe with me, I promise (can't guarantee I'll give them back though. Just kidding!) Anyway, as I was saying, you might be surprised to find out, that even though I love children, I have never really thought about potential names for potential children that I might produce someday. The reason for that is because thinking of potential children leads to thinking about potential husbands, or boyfriends, or weddings... stuff that I don't really care to think about or dwell on. Especially as of late, because believe it or not: boys stink. Sorry. They do. I try to stay away from them, or anything that has facial hair or speaks an octave lower than me.

Well, ok. It's not like I never think about weddings and/or stuff like that, I just try not to do it too much.

Anywho. Baby names. Ok well, today I ran across a name that I thought was...the greatest name. I recognize that that is a completely subjective statement and YOU may not agree with me, but I'm going to tell you anway. The name is... Milann (pronounced--carissa, help me out here--"mull-ahn"). Yeah. Like the city in Italy. I just think it's so... elegant. If God chooses to bless with me with a daughter (after he blesses me with a boyfriend who turns into a husband, etc), I am naming her Milann. Or at least that will be one of her names. She might have two.

Yeah, I know it's unorthodox. But I am a fan of unorthodox. After all, my real name IS Lenimfa.

1 comment:

c.c. said...

interesting name. i like the sound of it.

maybe it's because i'm a word maven, but i have ALWAYS thought about my hypothetical future children's names, much more than about weddings. for a long time i liked names that were palindromes (you know, the same forwards and backwards?) like Aviva and Hannah and Eve. currently, i'm on an actual-words-in-English kick, since i like the fact that other cultures name their kids real words in their language, so i'm feelin Ever, Ransom, Bonnie, Felicity, Revere . . .

that was a little too much self-disclosure, but hey, i'm weird.

p.s. it's [mɪ'ɫɑn] or [mə'ɫɑn] in IPA . . . but yours works better for the average reader.