2.12.08

Lucky.

Every once in awhile I come across a song that I cannot stop listening to. This week, it's Jason Mraz's idealistically romantic tune, so appropriately titled,"Lucky." It's bubbly and sweet and one cannot help but bob their head to the song's nonchalant melody that is reminiscent of an innocent and child-like awe of romantic love. Colbie Callait, who actually wrote a song titled, "Bubbly," sings with Jason Mraz on this song. Their voices together blend very smoothly, like milk chocolate musical notes melting in your ears. It's like every musical fiber in my body...unwinds and I metaphorically, or literally, collapse on the floor in musical euphoria.

As a girl, I still think it's fun to listen to songs that talk about being "lucky in love." But I am also fully aware that romantic love is often too romanticized. I know that relationships take work, butterflies in my stomach or not, and there are no Prince Charmings or White Knights on White Horses anywhere on this planet, or this dimension, or this universe. Songs like "Lucky," reminds me of those stories shared by elderly people about how they met their wife or husband of 40 or more years and how they all claim that it was never that complicated when it came to loving someone. "You young people nowadays make everything too hard," one gentleman once told me. I told him that he may be on to something.

What the heck. I'm being such a...girl right now. Gross. Whatever. Listen to the song:

No comments: