10.5.10

Imagination

by B. Dillon:
I need to be reminded
of who I was
when I took the first steps out the door.
All I've said
now follows me around
I'm reminded...
I'm not like that anymore.

I uprooted...
and miles behind me are the
faces of
who
I left.

You've brought to my attention--
I've slowly changed. Becoming
who I wanted
to
stop.

But isn't that like, a finite mind,
setting out, with such righteous indignation?
Now, I'm at your feet, could you look at me with some
imagination.

A bush before me.
I slipped my sandals off...
I've only stopped, to look.

In the depths of the sea, in the midst of a great sound.
I run, I run...
to You.

Oh, isn't it just like, a finite mind,
setting out, with such righteous
indignation?
Now I'm at your feet, could you look
at me
with some imagination?

Remind me...
why you woke me up
and why you wake me up every
morning.

The staff in my hands,
held in by your love...
just stay close,

stay close.

Cause I know, I know my own mind--
why I set out with righteous indignation.
When I'm at your feet, please...
Please...
look at me

[with some imagination.]

No comments: