2.6.09

Day of Destin..ation.

In approximately SIX hours I leave from the Fresno Air Terminal (FAT!) and will arrive in Rhinelander, Wisconsin tomorrow morning at 11:00am. Yup, an overnight flight. This will be interesting, since I'm not much a night owl.

I'm excited and nervous. As much as I love the thrill of being at a new place and meeting new people, I'm still a little bit anxious about what the summer has in store for me. But I'm praying fervently for my focus to be in the right place. That I would seek the LORD and seek to serve people, selflessly. I'm sure that things will turn out just fine. I just need to relax.

Well, I suppose that's all there is to say! I'm all packed--well, sort of, I'm kind of a few pounds over the limit... I need to figure out what I really, really don't need. Even if it kills me. And it probably will. Sigh. Why was I not given the ability to pack lightly? WHY??? Hah. This trip is already challenging me in that it is forcing me to leave more than half of my wardrobe behind and try to live 2 and 1/2 months as simply as I possibly can. And I do admire simplicity. It's just really hard for me. I can't assume that I can plan and pack for any possible situation, a wonderful trait that I inherited from my mother. But I'd like to think that I can pre-emptively pack, anyway. I'm ridiculous.

T minus...5 hours!

No comments: