17.4.09

Hearts, Nickels and Wishing Wells.

a heart's desire is nothing more,
than what a human being is made for,
though sometimes a person cannot tell,
if their desire is as shallow as the well,

...they cast their wishes and nickels upon.

I'm sure I will turn that into a song someday--as soon as I figure out the rest of it.

But since we're on the subject:

Today, as I was plunking along on the piano, I reflected thoughtfully on how my desires have changed over the years. Desires, I've come to realize, are much different from simply wanting. A desire is often laced with passion and determination, whereas wanting something stems from an impulsive sort of whim, that is usually accompanied by begging or pitiful pleading. At least, for me, those definitions are true. A lot of things that I've "wanted" have come and gone, but praise God, that through the painful, yet necessary process of weeding out wants from my desires, my desires have become clearer in my mind.

1 comment:

Emily said...

O Linell, I am coming to the same realization. I treasure your heart and it's desires. =)

I just updated my blog (finally!) I'd be honored if you'd read it. I lovest thou! *HUGS*