4.2.09

Caffeinated Optimist.

I find that after drinking coffee, I see life in a much different light. It's as if a pair of rose-tinted sunglasses suddenly appear before my eyes and I respond with delight, with many an "oohs" and "aahs." Caffeine magnifies my hopes and dreams and projects them onto a larger than life faux brick wall of unprecedented expectations. All of a sudden, I can do anything and everything and life is not as bad as it seems--which it really isn't, but life has had it's moments.

(I say faux brick wall because, though seemingly unmoveable, it is easily destroyed by the dreaded caffeine crash...which will happen in about 3ish hours).

But right now I'm happy. Really happy.

But should I be so giddy? And without a care in the world? Haha no. Here's a list of reasons why:
1.) I am terribly behind in my nursing reading. And by behind I mean, I haven't read anything. At all.
2.) I have a vocabulary quiz today on nursing terminology from the reading that I have yet to do (but class isn't till 1:30, so I've got plenty of time, right?)
3.) secret.
4.) I find that I have over-commited myself this semester. I was so busy trying to be busy that I have actually succeeded in becoming a really busy person. Busier than I have ever been, or will be, in my whole life. Unfortunately, I'm not built to be a "busy" person. I'm a person who likes to not do anything when she has down time. And now my down time is at its minimum. I have yet to reach panic mode, all I keep saying in my head is: "Challenge? ACCEPTED!!!" Hopefully, my optimism will not kill me.
5.) Somehow my $500 PDA has taken a permanent hiatus. Perhaps I was working poor little Pamela too hard. Or maybe she felt neglected when I left her in my apartment for three weeks, all by herself. Well, whatever it was, she's gone now, which is unfortunate because a PDA is one of those things that I really, really need for nursing.

yeah. that's about it. I'm taking a cue from Bob Marley and singing "....every little things gonna be alright..."

Ya' Mon.

No comments: