29.1.09

R.I.P Sparkles July 21, 2008-Jan 29, 2009

I laugh at myself because I am blogging about this. Yeah, whatever. I'm going to do it, anyway.

I took out my nose ring today (hence "sparkles"). After much consideration, and even though I have endearing affection for the minute sparkle that I have had on the left side of my nose for the past six months, it must go. Because even though I do love my sparkle, I do not enjoy removing it every week for nursing clinicals. Unfortunately, I've chosen a profession that considers piercings to be strictly un-professional. Sigh. So, it' s not like I can keep my nose ring when I graduate from nursing school. I still laugh at the comment, Amy Micu once made when I told her my plans of removing my beloved nose ring: "Just change your major then! Maybe you can be an artist!" Of course, she was just kidding. Wouldn't it be just a kick in the pants, though, if I let my nose ring dictate the trajectory of my life?

I do have this irrational feeling that my coolness factor is quickly being deflated--like when you let the air out of a tire--except my coolness is escaping via the gaping hole that was my nosering. Yeah, I know. That's silly. I don't need a nose ring to be cool. With that being said, I know there are quite a few fans of my sparkle being gone. The fan-club includes: My parents, Tamara Stankevich, my Ukranian brothers and of course, Steven Puente.

But maybe this isn't goodbye. I do have hopeful consideration that maybe I'll be a missionary nurse in India someday. If so, maybe I'll get to have my sparkle back.

But for now, rest in peace. It was fun while it lasted. And I was very fond of you, Sparkles. And really, this hurts me more than it hurts you.

No comments: